Social / Blog Networking
Wednesday 19th, June 2013
When it comes to online social networking, websites are commonly used. Social networking websites function like an online community of internet users and can attract large numbers of traffic to your website. Depending on the website in question, many of these online community members share common interests in hobbies, business, or politics.
Here are some statistics :
- There are 1,942,980 Irish profiles on Facebook (Facebook.com)
- This is an increase of just under 78,000 since February 2011
- This represents just growth of just over 4%
- Over 900 new profiles are set up each day
- The average Irish person spends 4hours 10 minutes on Facebook per month, well ahead of competitors Google sites (2hrs 51mins), Microsoft sites (1hr 36mins) and RTE.ie (22 mins). (*Comscore)
- 54% of users female v 46% male (Ipsos MRBI)
- 49% of the population over 15 years of age are on Facebook, thats down 1% from Feb (Ipsos MRBI)
- 49% of the unemployed are on Facebook (Ipsos MRBI)
- 47% of Facebook users log in daily down from 50% in February
- 24% every couple of days (same)
- 12% log in weekly (up 1%) (Ipsos MRBI)
From Ipsos MRBI:
- The number of adults over the age of 15 with a Twitter account has grown from from 7% to 11%
- This is estimated to be at 385,000 people in Ireland have a Twitter account over the age of 15.
- The daily usage of Twitter, amongst this group, has fallen from 30% to 21%.
- Although a decrease in percentage terms, it is an increase in actual numbers from 73,500 to 80,850 daily users.
- In March 2011 there were 177,000 active Twitter accounts
- Active accounts are those who sent at least one tweet during March
- This figure is expected to have grown by up to 20% since March (data yet to be released)
- Approx 60,000 unique users active per each rolling 5 day period.
- Average of 159,000 tweets were sent per day (avg over 31 days)
- 47% of tweeters sent only one tweet in a 5 day period
- 78% sent less than 10 tweets in a 5 day period
- 22% sent 10 or more tweets and accounted for 85% of all tweets
In March 2011 Barry Hand, estimated there to be 180,000 Twitter users in Ireland
Such web sites as Facebook and Twitter are very easy for his.ie to integrate into your own website too keep your customers up to date with news or special offers you may have.
Please feel free to contact us at any stage regarding your web site design project.